Suggestions When Dealing With An Alzheimer's Person
The following hints are more specific in nature
1. ALWAYS approach an Alz. person from the front.
2. Always keep the tone of your voice friendly and quiet.
3. Avoid taking an Alz. person to any place that has a lot of activity going on.
4. There are 2 types of Alz. victims and each type will respond differently.
5. Don't be afraid to 'play act' if the situation is called for.
6. Distraction and music may divert unpleasant behaviors.
By Marsha Penington